About Planning Documents
In accordance with the Law on Planning and Construction in Serbia four types of spatial plans exist:
- Spatial Plan of the Republic of Serbia
- Regional Spatial Plan
- Special Purpose Area Spatial Plan
- Local Self-government Unit Spatial Plan
Spatial Plan for the Republic of Serbia is the planning document for the entire territory of Serbia . It defines main strategic priorities for territorial development and contributes to horizontal cooperation at national level and vertical coordination between different levels of planning. Other types of spatial plans have to be coordinated with the Spatial plan of the Republic of Serbia. Time horizon of the national spatial plan, as defined by law is at least 10 and not more than 25 years.
The first Spatial Plan of the Republic of Serbia was adopted in 1996 for the period of 15 years. The second Spatial Plan of the Republic ofSerbia entered into force on the 1st of December 2010 for the period of 10 years.
The abridged version in English language of new Spatial Plan can be downloaded by clicking on the image bellow:
Selection of analytical (thematic) maps of the Spatial Plan of the Republic of Serbia:
- Spatial conditions for agricultural land-use
- Waste management
- Protection and improvement of environment
- Protection of natural heritage
- Functional urban areas 2020
- Relationship between population density and types of rural areas
- Spatial distribution of population
- Protection and sustainable use of cultural heritage
- Spatial distribution and development of industry
- Spatial and functional structuring of tourist areas
- Road network
- Rail, air waterbone and intermodal transport
Synthesis maps of the Spatial Plan of the Republic of Serbia:
- Land use and functional urban areas (model 2020)
- Network of urban centers and regional organisation
- Transport infrastrucure, telecommunication network and installations
- Energy and water management infrastructure
- Tourism and protection of environment natural and cultural heritage
Regional Spatial Plan is the planning document for the territorial units of NUTS2 and NUTS3 level as defined by law. It contains the objectives of regional development and rational use of space by taking into account specificities of every region.
Special Purpose Area Spatial Plan is the planning document for an area which demands specific organization, use and protection of space due to its characteristics. This type of plan is made for infrastructure corridors, protected and tourist areas, water storages, mining areas etc.
Local Self-government Unit Spatial Plan is the planning document for local administrative units – municipality or city. It determines the guidelines for development of local self-government unit and the land-use for its parts for which it is not planned to make an Urban Plan.
For all spatial planning documents except for the local self-government unit spatial plans the Program of Implementation of Spatial Plan is being made which defines measures and activities for the realization of that planning document in the 5 years period following the adoption of plan.